Configuring Virtualization Service for Masked Provisioning¶
During the VDB provisioning process, the Virtualization Engine can optionally run a masking job from the Delphix Masking Engine on the VDB. By default, the Virtualization Engine attempts to obtain a list of masking jobs from a Masking Engine on its localhost. It's possible to split the Virtualization Engine and Masking Engine apart on separate hosts. If the Virtualization Engine and Masking Engine are on different hosts, use these instructions to customize the host address, port number, and/or login credentials that the Virtualization Engine will use to contact the Masking Engine.
Important Validation Notices
When using seperate Virtualization and Masking engines, ensure that the versions are compatible. See the compatiblity matrix.
Old versions of the serviceconfig or any information associated with them are not tracked. In particular, if you have been using the local masking service or a remote service and then change to a new remote service Delphix will start throwing out any old job information on the next masking job/fetch or GUI reload. Users should not rely on that information being preserved through serviceconfig updates.
Delphix does not validate network availability between the two engines or any other hosts that both engines might want to communicate with. The state or availability of either host is not checked, if either host becomes unduly slow, congested, or unresponsive Delphix will not be able to issue compelling warnings regarding those issues.
If the Virtualization Engine and Masking Engine are on different hosts, use these instructions to customize the host address, port number, and/or login credentials that the Virtualization Engine will use to contact the Masking Engine.
This does not alter the Delphix Masking Engine UI port. It is specific to coordinating communication between the Virtualization Engine and a Masking Engine about available masking jobs and job results.
To change the Virtualization Engine's connection details for its Masking Engine:
- Using a shell, login to the CLI using:
- On 5.2 and earlier releases: delphix_admin.
- On 5.3 and later releases: admin.
- At the CLI root prompt, type maskingjob.
- At the maskingjob prompt, type serviceconfig.
- To list service configurations, type ls.
- At the serviceconfig, type select `MASKING_SERVICE_CONFIG-1.
- To view the configurations, type ls.
- With this service config selected, enter update.
- In the update mode, use the set command to modify the configuration. For example, type set port=[YOUR DESIRED PORT NUMBER] to change the port number.
- Commit the change by typing commit.
- Type ls to confirm the configurations.
- Type exit to exit the CLI.