Deprecated and Removed Features¶
Legacy Secure Lookup
Legacy Secure Lookup has been removed and only the extensible version is supported. Previous secure lookup instances have been moved to the extensibility framework.
Internet Explorer 11 Support
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported by Delphix. Users are requested to refer to the list of supported browsers.
Oracle 11.1 and 12.1
Details of the Oracle database end of life can be found in the Oracle Lifetime Support Policy.
TLS 1.0 and 1.1
These versions of TLS are known to be vulnerable, enterprise use is heavily discouraged.
Oracle 10g Support
18.104.22.168 is the last release supporting Oracle 10.1 and 10.2.
Create/Update of Legacy Secure Lookup Algorithms via UI
The ability to create and update legacy secure lookup algorithms has been removed from the UI. This feature is still accessible through the API endpoints.
The Table Suffix, Add Column, Join Table, and List options were deprecated in the 22.214.171.124 release. These options have reached end of life in the 126.96.36.199 release and have been completely removed from the product. These options are the rarely used feature that can be achieved using the following alternatives:
- If you were using the Table Suffix functionality, you can achieve the same results with a series of API calls (/table-metadata and /column-metadata endpoints).
- For Add Column, Join Table, and List, you need to convert these settings to the equivalent Custom SQL configuration before upgrading to 188.8.131.52 release.
Delphix has been creating new and improved versions of our existing algorithms, thus, Delphix would like to provide formal notice of deprecation and planned End-of-Life (EoL) for the older algorithm versions. This is to inform our customers that planning should start for their transition to these updated algorithms. For more information and details on the transition, see Delphix Community Post - Legacy Mapping Algorithm.
- Legacy Custom Algorithm (Mapplet). For more information, see Delphix Community Post - Mapplet EoL.
- SAP ASE (Sybase) 15.0.3 support
- ESX 5.5 support
- Masking Connectors: Db2 LUW and zOS v9, Db2 LUW and zOS v10, SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2
As of this release, Delphix has removed the Job Scheduler feature. The introduction of Masking’s REST API several releases ago allowed customers to schedule job executions using their preferred job scheduler. As a result, the integrated scheduler is seldom used.
FTP, SFTP, and Mount Upload for XML and Cobol Formats
FTP/SFTP/Mount-based format import were the original modes for XML and Cobol files, since then, Delphix has added the ability to upload a format file, which is simpler to set up. After the introduction of “upload”, there has been a dramatic shift away from the legacy import modes in favor of the simplicity of “upload”.
Row Type Feature
Originally geared for limiting masking to subsets of rows within a column, this feature was seldom used. The functionality, if desired, can still be replicated via the Custom SQL feature.
Redundant Settings for ‘Edit Table’ under Rule Sets
Table Suffix, Add Column, Join Table, and List - These settings are redundant and can be replicated with the Custom SQL setting.
‘HAVING’ clause from Masking API
Deprecating due to low use. This feature, if desired, can be replicated with Custom SQL.
In this release, the deprecated XML import/export functionality has been removed. If you used the XML import/export feature in previous releases, you'll find the new Sync Environment feature to be a more robust and complete solution with complete API support in addition to being available in the UI.
- Native XML CLOB masking: After upgrade, columns masked as XML CLOBs will have the NULL SL algorithm assigned.
- Excel files can still be masked by first converting them to a Delphix supported file types (CSV, etc). Also, XML CLOBs can be masked by extracting their values into a table (example - using extractValue in Oracle).
- DB2 9.1, 9.5, and other 9.x versions of LUW & Z/OS
- “Create target” job option: After upgrade jobs using “create target” will be removed.
- “Bulk data” job option: After upgrade, jobs using “bulk data” will be turned into non-bulk data jobs.
- Native Microsoft Excel Masking: After upgrade, MS Excel connectors, rulesets and jobs will be removed.